The purpose of this website is to provide inspirations, suggestions and solutions for the transition of Humanity to the time when it will coexist with Superintelligence. I have founded this part of Sustensis as a kind of a Think Tank, guided by the following assumptions:
- The world has started to change in most areas at nearly an exponential pace. What once took a decade it can now be achieved in a year or two.
- Apart from imminent man-made existential dangers for Humanity, such as biotechnology or nuclear war, which can happen at any time, the most imminent risk facing Humanity is an immature form of Artificial Intelligence, before it reaches the Superintelligence level, also called Artificial General Intelligence.
- By about 2030-2035 Artificial Intelligence may reach the stage in some areas, where humans may not be able to fully control it. It may already outsmart us.
- By 2045-2050 Superintelligence may have matured and have either benevolent or malevolent control over humans. If it is benevolent, inheriting the best Universal Values of Humanity, it will help us control all other existential risks and gradually create the world of abundance. If it becomes malevolent, it may eradicate all humans and quite likely any other living species.
- By 2050 Superintelligence may achieve the so called Technological Singularity. That means it can re-develop itself exponentially being millions of times more intelligent and capable than the entire Humanity.
- For naysayers here are some reminder s: In September 1933, the eminent physicist Ernest Rutherford gave a speech, in which he said that “anyone who predicts energy could be derived from the transformation of the atom is talking moonshine”. The very next day the Hungarian scientist Leo Szilard, while walking in a park, worked out conceptually how a nuclear chain reaction can be used to build a nuclear bomb or a nuclear power station. There are dozens of similar most recent examples where top specialists predicted that an invention in their specialist domain could be many years away (no. of years in brackets counting from 2016): i.e. AlphaGO (10), autonomous vehicle (8), quantum computing (10-15) or quantum encryption (10), all of which have already been achieved either fully or partially (quantum computing).
You will find some justification for these assertions in various areas of this website. However, a full reasoning behind these assumptions can be found in my book: “Who could save Humanity from Superintelligence? – European Union, NATO or… China”.
Next: How to use this site?