23 September 2023
London Futurists organised an event chaired by its chairman, David Wood, on 23 September 2023. The subject was the forthcoming Global Ai Safety Summit to be held at Bletchley Park, the site when the famous German ENIGMA Coding machine was unravelled by the genius British Mathemtician Alan Turing and his collegues. After 80 years, our civilisation has to face another challenge – to control Artificial Intelligence, which soon may be far more intelligent than any humans. David, who is a memebr of Sustensis Advisory Board, has invited five pannelists, including Sustensis Managing Partner, Tony Czarnecki, to imagine speaking for ten minutes to the politicians and other international leaders who will gather at the UK’s Bletchley Park on 1-2 November for the Global AI Safety Summit. What would they say?
The organisers of that Summit have announced the following five objectives “to make frontier AI safe, and to ensure nations and citizens globally can realise its benefits, now and in the future”:
- A shared understanding of the risks posed by frontier AI and the need for action
- A forward process for international collaboration on frontier AI safety, including how best to support national and international frameworks
- Appropriate measures which individual organisations should take to increase frontier AI safety
- Areas for potential collaboration on AI safety research, including evaluating model capabilities and the development of new standards to support governance
- Showcase how ensuring the safe development of AI will enable AI to be used for good globally.
But are these actually the best objectives? And what do these really mean? Watch the viedo to find out.